The Salesians of Don Bosco is an international non-profit making, Religious Congregation within the Catholic Church, founded in Italy by St. John Bosco. We are a community collaborating with the Church and the State in educating the youth to become responsible citizens and true believers.
The Project and Development Office, AFW Delegation, Nigeria, was officially established in August 2015 as result of the conclusions of the Planning and Development Office (PDO) Seminar held in Rome in April 2005, India 2011, Ethiopia 2014 and Ghana 2015. The PDO serves as a bridge between civil society and the mission of the Salesian Congregation.
PDO – Nigeria is part of the Worldwide body of the Salesian of Don Bosco, which was established in line with NEW FRONTIERS, the fifth Nucleus of GC 26 (New models of managing works, guideline 17) – for more Systematic and Professional Management of resources.
Key Vision of the Project and Development Office – Salesians of Don Bosco
- We transform youths at risk into successful citizens.
- We serve vulnerable children and youth at risk, regardless of religion, race, gender or nationality.
- We give them the skills they need to stay out of danger, find good jobs and lead happy lives.
- We promote impact oriented development projects, in line with the Organic Provincial Plan (OPP).
We educate, train, form, inspire, promote self-sufficiency among youths for a productive transition into adulthood and empower young people towards human, social and spiritual growth in line with the goals of the International Cooperation for Development.
Our vision is to use the rich cultural and traditional values of Nigeria to enhance, through the principles of faith as lived by Don Bosco, the integral transformation of children and young people who are victims of ethnic and religious conflicts, widespread poverty and abuse of human rights into intellectual, knowledgeable and competent individuals, morally upright, socially committed and spiritually inspired citizens imbued with authentic Nigerian values at the service of Nigeria and the world today and tomorrow.
AIMS and OBJECTIVES
- Educate Young People to become value based and productive Citizens for the Development of Nigeria.
- Promote quality Education by enabling promising young men and women to become self-reliant.
- Provide Youth with Technical Training and Economic Support to promote Self-employment.
- Work for Social & Human Development of Youth into the worldwide movement against poverty.
- Professionalise our Human Development work, meeting the needs of deprived youth in an adequate way and at the lowest cost.
- Improve Sustainable Development and Human Promotion Projects.
- Mutual respect for each other
- Collective responsibility
- Respect for the rights of the child
- Effective collaboration with development partners and Stakeholders
- Participating at local and international network activities/programmes.
- Partnering with other organizations on common objectives.
- Best management of donor resources to improve existing alarming situations.
- Accountable to donor/partner funding.
- Strategic Plan developed for effective and efficient service delivery.
- Implementing projects which brings positive impact on targeted groups.